Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Journal of Human Rights gladly receives all papers and principal research of authors in different subjects related to the human rights studies. The papers taken from thesis collected by the aid of the supervisor of the thesis will also be accepted.
In order to complete, amend and send your papers to be considered and published in journal of Human Rights, it is requested to pay sufficiently attention to the all mentioned cases. If the received papers are not composed based on the following styles and criteria, they will not be considered in the publication.
- The papers sent to the journal of Human Rights should be a direct result of the research conducted by its author or authors.
- It is necessary to study, confirm and observe all "ethical rules and principles for publishing scientific works and papers". Sending paper to the Journal of Human Rights represents studying, observing and confirming all of these rules and principles.
- Papers should only be sent by the journal of human rights website.
- Papers will be accepted in two languages of Persian and English. English papers will be published after collecting in a separate number.
- Volume of a paper accompanied with all components should not be more than 7500 words.
- It is necessary for Papers to have the following sections:
a) Persian and English abstract; 150 to 170 words,
b) Persian key words and their English meaning (five words)
c) Introduction, main body of the paper: including the related parts and sections and conclusion.
d) A list of all references used in the paper.
- The method of citing reference, writing citations and collecting paper references:
a) Only direct Persian and English references should be conducted within text as follows:
(Surname, year of publication: volume No/page No) Example: (Tabatabaei, 1991: 55/6) (Beaney, 1996: 168)
b) Paper citations (indirect references and using one part of a source) should be inserted as footnote in each page as follows: NK: Tabatabaei, 1991: 6/10-14 [it means that pages 6 to 14 from volume 10 related to the work of Allameh Tabatabaei are used to explain and write this part of the paper] (for Persian citations), and see also: Beaney, 1996: 168-192 (for English citations).
c) Explanatory footnotes in each page begin by one. Unnecessary footnotes should be avoided.
d) In order to refer to the same sources, the use of phrases such as (Haman), Ibid, and etc. should be avoided. It is necessary for the same references to repeat the reference text again.
e) References list existed at the final part of the paper should be inserted alphabetically, as first Persian references, then Arabic references, and after that English references. Referring to websites will be the final part of references.
f) Papers' references should be collected as follows:
f.1. Persian references:
Surname, name (year of publication), title of book (as italic form), name and surname of translator, corrector and etc., volume No., date of publication, place of publication: name of publications.
Example: Tabatabaei, Mohammad Hossein (1991), Almizan fi tafsir al Quran, translated by Mohammad Bagher Mousavi Hamedani, volume 6, third publication, Qom: Osveh publications.
Surname, name (year of publication), "title of paper", name of magazine (as italic form), Journal No. and its volume, number of pages.
Example: Hojjati, Seyyed Mohammad Ali (2002), "Frege approach on the meaning of predicate", journal of Name-Mofid, No.34, pp 87-108.
Papers collection (symposium):
Surname, name (year of publication), "title of paper", name of editor in chief or copiler, name of papers collection (symposium), place of publication: publisher, number of pages related to the referred paper.
Example: Ghorbannia, Naser (2001), "relation of justice and human rights", Center for human rights studies at Mofid University, Qom: Mofid University Publications, pp. 211-226
f.2. Latin references:
Surname, name (year of publication). Title of book (as italic form), place of publication: name of publications
Beaney, Michael (1996). Frege: Making sense, London: Duckworth
Surname, name (year of publication) "title of paper", name of publication (as italic form), volume No., magazine No., number of pages
Rein, Andrew (1985) "Frege and Natural Language", philosophy, Vol.60, No. 234, pp. 513 – 524
"Title of subject" (the last date of search in day/month/year), name and surname of the writer of text (if exists), address of web page (as italic form)
f.4. In the case of using more than one work from an author's works published in the same year, after inserting publication year, use Persian alphabets respectively (الف، ب، پ،...) for Persian references and English alphabets respectively (A, B, C, …) for Latin references.
- Latin equivalent for names and special little used names and phrases should be mentioned in the text within parenthesis.
- Type and typography of paper should be conducted in word environment (preferably with 2013 prescription) and by using Persian font of B Zar (size 13 for text and size 10 for footnote) and Arabic font of B Badr (size 13 for text and size 10 for footnote) and also English font of Time New Roman (size 10 for text and size 9 for footnote).
- All papers should be sent without names of authors and through website of journal in the figure of the main file of paper.
- Name and surname, scientific grade, exact postal address, e-mail address, contact telephones of authors and also their scientific resume should be sent in a separate file through website of journal in the figure of writers' identification.
- Persian language grammar and writing method enacted by academy of Persian Language and Literature should be known as criteria for the quality of papers' writing and editing.
- Paper's author will be responsible for correction of the paper and its components.
- All authors should study the process of sending paper and they should practice based on this process.
- The policy of journal of Human Rights in judging papers will be double blind peer review.
- Minimum time for the papers' arbitration in journal of Human Rights is three months.
- Journal of human rights will inform the author from the results of initial considerations (specialized secretary, initial consideration of the editor in chief, sending for referees, controlling the paper by the author or initial denial of accepting the paper).
- The authors can refer to the arbitration section of journal of Human Rights to attain information about the papers judgment quality and rules and also judgment ethical principles to harmonize their papers based on those principles and rules.
- Dispensing with paper's consideration is only possible until a week after sending paper to the journal. After entering paper into the refereeing process, there is no possibility of opting out. It will be a duty of the author to pay the costs of refereeing if he/she would like to take back the paper after determined time. If the author refuses to pay the costs of arbitration related to the papers taken back, the journal will be authorized to publish the mentioned paper without the author's permission and if appropriate, observing the guidelines and considering intellectual property rights of the author or authors.
- It is necessary for authors to avoid sending their several papers concurrently to the Human Rights Periodical. Until the status of the first paper of an author to be finalized, the publication's office will not consider his/her other paper or papers.
- The moral commitment form should be sent by the responsible author to the editor in chief through the website of the journal in the figure of confirmation and inserting the commitment. The responsible author should inform all authors of the paper from the content of this commitment.
- The main file of the all refused or dispensed papers will be taken out of the journal's electronic archive after three months, and journal of human rightsis not responsible for it.
- The all executive stages and refereeing process of the sent papers will be reflected in the website of the journal (in the section of author's use) as soon as possible. However, the authors can seek the process of their paper's evaluation through contact with the periodical's office, if they want.
- The process of papers' acceptance and guidelines of the workflow can be observable in the section of papers' acceptance process.
- You can receive guidelines for the process of registration and sending papers in the periodical's websites in section "Here".
The views expressed in papers do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Journal of Human Rights
Journal of Human Rights is free to edit papers